CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birthday Celebration

Tonight we celebrated my birthday and Frank's upcoming birthday. My mom prepared a wonderful dinner, actually breakfast. It took three days to make everything for us and it was SCRUMPTIOUS!!! And I really mean that. She had breakfast casserole, french toast complete with strawberries (and whip cream that was accidentally forgotten in the fridge), bacon, hash browns, an apple pancake creation, homemade chocolate chip muffins, oatmeal banana muffins, and applesauce muffins. I hope I didn't forget anything. I was fortunate enough to come home with four chocolate chip muffins. Maggie brought a delicious whale shaped cake from Carvels.
As far as presents, my parents gave me Season 7 of King of Queens and a generous gift of money. Frank, Maggie, and the girls gave me a gift card to Parisian. Can't wait to spend that! Kendyll carried my gift bag around afterward and called it her purse. She collected some odds and ends in it too. She didn't eat much again as that is what usually happens when we all get together. We stayed a little later after Frank and family left to finish watching the Red Wings playoff game (GO WINGS!), and my mom tried to get Kendyll to eat some grilled cheese, but she only took a few bites. Then she made her a small peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which she let Kendyll take into the great room. My dad does NOT want her to eat in any room besides the kitchen. Well, a little dab of jelly found it's way on to the beige carpet, and my mom tried to wipe it up before he saw her, but she wasn't fast enough. Graciously, he didn't say anything.
We had a wonderful, family filled evening!
Isn't this adorable? Kendyll and Papa had been looking at a rabbit outside when I caught them at the perfect time. Love the bald head!
Kendyll just had to have some juice out of this cool frog cup that Mimi and Papa bought her!

This is what Kendyll looked like when we arrived home at 10 p.m. What a TRIP!



No comments: